If you want to add new natural gas equipment or appliances to your home that already has our gas service, we can make sure you have enough gas pressure to support your improvements. Get started with a quick phone call to us at 1-855-445-8307. Be prepared to discuss your current equipment, as well as the new appliances that you'd like to add to your home.
There are a few things you’ll need to know before you can install new natural gas appliances. Proper installation is crucial:
- Have qualified professionals install natural gas appliances to make sure they're properly connected. Never attempt this yourself!
- Never install a furnace where someone sleeps
- Contact a qualified professional if you notice any change with your appliances, like no heat or overheating from your furnace/boiler, a yellow flame or the presence of soot around a burner on your gas stove, or your furnace or hot water heater fan often kicking on and off
- Make sure a qualified professional determines that the equipment is properly vented and adjusted, and that it has an adequate supply of fresh air for safe, efficient combustion. Learn more about venting
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for safe operation and care of your equipment
- If you have corrugated stainless steel tubing, be sure it is bonded. Bonding on this type of tubing can reduce the risk of fire or other hazard if your home is struck by lightning
- If you have flexible appliance connectors, do not reuse them. Connectors should be replaced along with your appliances
Installation tips for common natural gas appliances