Our voluntary CHOICE® program offers you the option to purchase the natural gas you use from a supplier other than Columbia Gas. If you choose to purchase your gas from a different supplier, we will continue to deliver the same reliable service, read your meter, perform safety checks and respond to emergencies.
The prices charged by suppliers are set by a competitive market, meaning there is no guarantee that you’ll save money, but they may offer special pricing and incentives. If you’d like to enroll, shop around and make your CHOICE®.
How to enroll
- Review our list of current suppliers below.
- Evaluate the offer and compare prices. The Kentucky Public Service Commission’s website lists full current approved suppliers and eligibility.
- Suppliers offer different risks and rewards. Our CHOICE® calculator can help you perform a price comparison for gas supply costs.
- Consider the contract terms. Since many suppliers require you to agree to contract terms, you’ll want to know contract length and if you can cancel.
- Make your CHOICE® by contacting the supplier. If you choose not to participate, your supplier will not change and there is no change in your bill.
Find your current charges
The Detail Charges section of your bill shows your Delivery and Supply Charges. The example on the right shows the Detail Charges section of a bill for a customer who participates in CHOICE®. The Supply is provided by Supplier Energy, and the Delivery is provided by Columbia Gas of Kentucky. Use our calculator below to compare offers from suppliers and make an educated decision.
Calculate your potential savings
This calculator helps you compare your current bill and a potential bill from CHOICE® suppliers. Our calculation is based on our current gas rates.
CHOICE® is a registered service mark of Columbia Gas of Kentucky, Inc.