Go paperless and reduce your carbon footprint! Stop receiving your Columbia Gas bills in the mail and view them online instead. It's easy, it's green and it's secure.
- No separate User ID and Password to remember – You'll only need to log in once to our website to view and pay your bill!
- Save time – There's no more waiting for your bill to arrive in the mail. When your bill is ready to view, we'll send you an email notification on the same day it's rendered.
- Convenience – You can check out other information about your account or your natural gas service when you're on our website.
- Keep electronic records – Stop sorting through piles of paper bills. Build a history of your bills and payments online.
- Secure billing – Did you know that paper bills can pass through the hands of as many as 10 people? The majority of identity theft starts with someone seeing personal information on a paper check, billing statement or bank account statement. Direct e-Bill limits your risk of identity theft by reducing the flow of personal information from unsecured mailboxes, where paper mail can be a target for theft.
- Choose your preferred method of payment – Although it's easiest to pay your bill online while you're logged in to your account or through our ZipCheck automatic payment service, you can pay by any available method you choose.
- It's free! No premiums, no enrollment charge, no access fees – no hassle!
The environmental benefits
Helping the environment is as simple as opening your bill. According to a recent study by the Pay It Green Alliance, the average household receives approximately 19 bills and statements and makes approximately seven paper payments per month. Collectively, the production and transportation of those paper bills, statements and payments consume 755 million pounds of paper, nine million trees and 512 million gallons of gasoline.
You can calculate your individual financial paper footprint at the Alliance's interactive website.
For every 38,500 paperless bills Columbia Gas provides, the environment saves:
- One ton of paper
- 16,450 gallons of water
- 1,941 pounds of solid waste
- 60 pounds of air emissions
- 5,058 pounds of greenhouse gases
Enroll in Direct e-Bill
Enrollment in Direct e-Bill is easy – and immediate. Just log in to your account and follow the easy, three-step process to request Direct e-Bill and confirm your email address. As long as you sign up by the day before your billing date, you'll receive an e-mail notification when your next bill is available to view on our Web site. The e-mail will include a link to our Web site, as well as links to important information about your account, natural gas safety tips, how to use energy wisely, and our quarterly customer newsletter. Since your first notification will confirm that your e-mail address is valid, you'll also receive just one more paper bill in the mail from Columbia Gas that month. Be sure to update your account profile if your e-mail address should change to make sure we send notification to your current address without delay.
Note: If you're currently enrolled in CheckFree e-Bill, you'll need to cancel that option before you can enroll in Direct e-Bill. Visit the CheckFree website to submit your cancellation request. CheckFree typically processes cancellations by the next business day. You can check the status of your enrollment on the Account Summary screen on this site before signing up for Direct e-Bill.
Canceling Direct e-Bill
Of course, if you want to change back to paper bills, just log in to your account and go through the quick and easy steps to cancel Direct e-Bill.